The Grounds of Alexandria opens onto an abundant organic garden overflowing with heirloom vegetables, edible flowers, fragrant herbs, fresh fruit and a small animal farm including resident pig, Kevin Bacon.
An ageing brick wall covered with creeping vines provides the perimeter for the garden that offers both an urban sanctuary and a daily source of fresh produce for the kitchen at The Grounds to use in our seasonally inspired menu.
The wide selection of produce is grown in the recycled sleeper planter boxes and garden beds, based on a sustainable permaculture approach that is closely guided by nature’s way. The Garden at The Grounds uses organic methods to maintain the soil fertility, including green manure crops, companion planting and rotation.
Erin Martin, our resident horticulturalist at The Grounds, is always on hand to answer questions from visitors about the garden and to pass on tips for people to grow their own produce at home.
The Garden also plays host to a number of take-away food offerings including an organic Juice Bar pumping out a selection of create-your-own healthy options using fresh, raw produce and a charcoal Aussie style BBQ cooking up the best burgers and other mouth-watering offerings straight off the grill. You will also always find a ready supply of coffee and sweet bakery treats amongst the green, sustainable space.
Why not get your Café meal takeaway and enjoy it in the sun surrounded by our own little oasis. Our guests are free to roam The Garden and explore what we have on offer. Plenty of seats for you and your friends to relax, and enjoy your meal.
On the weekend you will find the tantalising aroma of donuts throughout the air, the lane-way is where create our own warm and delicious varieties, choose between Nutella, jam and cinnamon – or have them all.
- All online orders are to be paid online through Mobi2Go.
- We accept all major credit cards.
- Orders are available for pick up only.
- Pickup locations for Coffee and Food are different – Coffee is from the green Grounds Coffee Cart and all food and cold drinks from The BBQ.
- Please pick up your coffee prior to your food.
- Minimum spend is $10 for online orders.
- If placing an order that’s required ASAP, please input the time you want to collect it.
- Please double check your order, time and date before confirming and paying order.
- Once you have completed your order, you will receive a confirmation via email. Please check your spam inbox if it is delayed.
- Please present your online receipt on pickup.
- There is a 2% surcharge on all online orders
BBQ opening hours:
Monday, Thursday & Friday 10am to 3.30pm
Saturday & Sunday 8am to 3.45pm
Donut opening hours:
Thursday – Monday 8am to 4pm