About The Grounds of the City:
Nearly three years in the making, this coffeehouse-inspired inner-city hub is set to transport you back to an era of old-school charm and reignite the heart and soul of Sydney’s CBD.
Trading from dawn ‘til dusk 7 days per week, offering breakfast and and all-day menu daily with late trading on Tuesday through Sunday nights.
Allow our hosts to find you a cosy table, and settle in with a menu that features something for everyone. You’ll find our coffee sommelier at The Barista’s Bar ready to take you through a tailored coffee experience, and our baristas expertly serving up The Grounds house-roasted espresso and filter coffees. As our tea lady roams the room with her trolley, you’ll find it adorned with fresh coffee to top up your bottomless cup, our selection of ethically sourced teas and cakes baked fresh daily in The Grounds Bakery & Patisserie.
Prefer your morning caffeine dose and breakfast on the run? Take a moment to yourself while you wait as our shoe shiner tends to you. After all, they do say you can tell a (wo)man by their shoes.
It’s time to stop, slow down amid that city rush and get social again,
The Grounds of the City is at your service.
EASTER WEEKEND BRUNCH
SATURDAY 20th and SUNDAY 21st APRIL, from 8am
Celebrate the Easter long weekend in the city and settle in with a 2-course brekkie menu designed by our Executive Chef, Paul McGrath – 49.0pp. View the full menu below, and make a reservation here.
To share on arrival:
- Selection of fresh cut fruit with lime and mint
- The Grounds Bakery basket with mascarpone, preserves and cultured butter
- Coconut yoghurt pots with gluten free toasted granola
Your choice of:
- Freshly baked raspberry, fig and pistachio hotcake lemon mascarpone,
- Curried baked beans on toasted crumpet with roast eggplant poached eggs and roasted tomatoes,
- Citrus cured salmon tartine, pickled beets – Yarra Valley smoked salmon roe, creme fraîche and horseradish, or;
- Chunky potato hash with crisp maple bacon, herbed portobello mushrooms, Manchego, sautéed kale and a poached free range egg
- Freshly Squeezed Juice
- Barista Tea & Coffee
- Mimosas available from 10am (10.0 each)
The Grounds of the City
500 George Street,
Sydney, NSW, 2000
Tues – Thurs: 7am-9pm
Special opening hours:
Good Friday: 8am — 9pm
Easter Saturday: 8am — 9pm
Easter Sunday: 8am — 5pm
Easter Monday: 8am — 5pm
Anzac Day: 9am — 9pm
Friday 26th April: 8am — 10pm
Make a reservation
Enquiries: (02) 9699 2225
What’s On at The Grounds of the City
Coffee Tasting Masterclass
Dates to be announced for 2019 shortly.
Take a seat at The Barista’s Bar and explore the differences in brewing methods popularly used in modern cafes. Our coffee experts will lead a small group through a variety of curated offerings, giving insight into espresso and drip brewing and the effects it has over coffee. Book here.