The safety of our clients, guests and staff is always our top priority and we’re really excited to reopen our amazing event spaces in a controlled and responsible way. While we’ve always had strict hygiene practices and cleaning standards in place at The Grounds, we’ve implemented a few changes in accordance with the advice from the NSW Health Department, State and Federal Governments, including:
- requiring guests to register their details prior to attending an event at The Grounds in accordance with the current regulations;
- implementing temperature checks for event guests on arrival;
- making hand sanitiser freely available throughout the venue;
- ensuring that all event guests have an allocated seat;
- ensuring 1.5 meter spacing between tables and ensuring that all event guests are adequately separated in order to avoid unnecessary contact;
- staying up-to-date on the latest advice from the NSW Health Department, State and Federal governments; and
- reinforcing to staff the importance of monitoring their own health, encouraging them to remain at home if they feel unwell or are showing signs of illness.
HOSTING AN EVENT
When you host an event at The Grounds, our team will work with you to ensure that we both meet the requirements set out by the Federal and State governments as well as the NSW Health Authority. You will be required to:
- encourage your guests to download the COVIDSafe app before attending your event;
- keep a record of all guests (including photographers, entertainers, etc.) who attend your event, including their full name and mobile number or email address. This record must be shared with The Grounds and must be kept by both parties for 28 days after the event;
- communicate with any guests who are at high-risk of developing COVID-19 complications, such as elderly people or people with conditions affecting their immunity, ahead of time and discuss their attendance at the event.
- communicate regularly with your guests in the lead up to the event, sharing the best practice guidelines and encouraging them to stay home if they are feeling unwell;
- be aware of how to spot the symptoms of COVID-19 and make sure guests do not attend if they are unwell.
ATTENDING AN EVENT
Your guests have a part to play in the success of your event, by following these practices:
- downloading the COVIDSafe app before attending your event;
- familiarising themselves with the symptoms of COVID-19;
- maintaining proper social distancing measures at all times;
- avoiding handshakes;
- covering their mouths when coughing and sneezing;
- keeping their hands away from their eyes, nose and mouth to prevent germs from spreading;
- washing their hands often with soap and using an alcohol-based hand sanitiser; and
- staying home if they feel unwell or have been asked to self-isolate.
We strongly urge you to communicate these best practices with all of your guests to ensure that together, we can deliver a successful event experience in a safe manner for all involved.