While we’ve always had strict hygiene practices and cleaning standards in place at The Grounds, we’ve taken additional steps to protect our guests, staff and the wider community, including:
- more frequent cleaning and sanitising of the venues;
- introducing a friendly marshall to direct guests through the venue and manage any queues.
- requiring guests to register their details in accordance with the current regulations;
- making hand sanitiser freely available;
- introducing digital menus that can be easily accessed via a smartphone for contactless ordering and payments;
- ensuring 1.5 meter spacing between tables and introducing markers to help guests maintain proper social distancing measures;
- staying up-to-date on the latest advice from the NSW Health Department, State and Federal governments; and
- reinforcing to staff the importance of monitoring their own health, encouraging them to remain at home if they feel unwell or are showing signs of illness.
PLAYING YOUR PART
Protect yourself, our staff and other guests during this time by:
Pre-order takeaway via our app and drop in to collect your meal at a time that’s convenient for you. Not only will you skip the queues, but you’ll also start collecting rewards points for every dollar that you spend for a discount on your next in-venue purchase!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why do tables need to be pre-booked?
Tables must be pre-booked to help us adhere to the current regulations and to limit the number of people waiting in queues.
Will tables still be available without a booking?
No – for the time being, bookings are essential.
Do I need a booking to visit The Grounds?
No – you can also visit The Grounds to order takeaway or pick-up your catering or ready-meal order.
We love new content for the ‘gram as much as the next person but for now, to help us maintain proper social distancing measures, please don’t stop by just to take photos. We know that our venue is beautiful, but the safety of our guests, staff and the wider community is our top priority.
Why are you offering a limited menu?
Some foods can be difficult for our chefs to make while they maintain social distancing rules in the kitchen, so we’ve introduced a new, limited menu filled with lots of delicious options which we’re sure you’ll love!
How do I cancel a booking that I’ve already made?
Click on the ‘cancellation’ button in your booking confirmation email.
What can I do if there are no tables available on the day I’d like to visit?
Don’t worry, The Grounds of Alexandria Cafe and The Grounds of The City are open every day for takeaway orders! To save time and skip the queues, pre-order via our app and drop in to collect your meal when it’s ready.
What can I do if I don’t feel like going out?
Don’t worry – everything you need to enjoy a restaurant quality meal at home is only a few clicks away! Mix and match from our ready-meal menu of gourmet mains, sides and desserts and we’ll deliver everything to your door ready to heat, serve and enjoy.
All of our ready-meals are made fresh, so please remember to place your order at least 24-hours in advance.