The Grounds of Alexandria Cafe are looking for passionate and experienced Assistant Manager.
The Assistant Cafe Manager will report to the Cafe General Manager and will be responsible for the management of the venue operations, management of the team and staff, including the execution of all policies, procedures, programs and systems in a fun and upbeat team atmosphere.
You will play a vital role in ensuring the beauty of our space, the customer experience and our culture shines through. You must hold vital our beliefs in food, service and ambience!
- Accomplishes human resources objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning scheduling, coaching, counseling, and
- Communicate job expectations to staff.
- Planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions
- Deliver a high standard of customer service, and ensure all staff do the same.
- Plan, develop and implement strategies for senior floor management to ensure agreed KPI’s within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Communicate The Grounds culture, vision and values.
- Organise and oversee the annual performance reviews of all floor staff.
- Oversee the writing and publishing of all rosters via Deputy (time & attendance system).
- Manage cleaners and Groundsmen to ensure the venue is set up, shutdown and kept clean at all times throughout service.
- Liaise with the General Manager regarding all operational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives, purposes and achievements.
- Ensure activities meet with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Manage and control departmental CAPEX within agreed budgets.
- Ensure all departmental rosters are forecasted and delivered within budget
- Work closely with Creative and Directors to identify opportunities, develop and implement sales initiatives for the venue
- Oversee all customer complaints to ensure the customers are being positively responded to and satisfied.
- Liaise regularly with General Manager regarding operational objectives, purposes and achievements of each department.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
- Previous experience managing a similar fast paced venue in a senior capacity.
- A degree or diploma in hospitality, hotel management, restaurant management or business studies is preferred
Qualities & Skills
- The ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations.
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm.
- Decision-making ability and sense of responsibility.
- Natural ability to build and foster relationships and communicate with stakeholders.
- Maintain knowledge of changing Hospitality trends and adapt to changing conditions to maximise profit.
- Proven leadership experience; preferably across multiple disciplines within the hospitality industry.
- An established track record of successes in achieving revenue and seamless service objectives.
- Demonstrated experience making best in class recruitment decisions to optimise the culture you foster for the team
- Actively participate in the development, engagement and recognition of the team
- Exposure and understanding of financial results including profit and loss, manning costs and guides and budgets
- A willingness to help people.
- A passion for good food and beverage