Carpooling & Cycling Initiative
Cars are one of the main sources of air pollution in the city and the fuel we burn is a major contributor to climate change. We are all becoming more aware of the increased impact that our cars and other energy guzzling modes of transport have on our environment. In order to reduce our impact on the environment and our carbon (CO2) emissions we are emitting, we’re introducing a Green Initiative which rewards those who carpool and cycle to The Grounds of Alexandria.
If you drive and have 4 or more people in your car, you will get guaranteed valet parking, and as an extra we will shout the driver a coffee. Enter The Grounds via the Bourke Street entry and speak to our Rangers.
1. Drive to The Grounds with you and 3 mates (or 4, it’s up to you)
2. Drive into our valet parking area, accessible via our Bourke Street entry
3. Pass your keys over to our rangers who will valet park your car, and will give you a voucher for a coffee
4. Present voucher to our take-away counter located inside The Cafe
Cycling is not only great exercise, but it is great for the environment. If you cycle in and show your bike to our Café host, you will receive a coffee on us.
1. Cycle into The Grounds
2. Lock your bike up in a secure location, we suggest outside of The Cafe with our free bike parking
3. Speak to our Cafe host about our Grounds-Go-Green program, you will need to point out your bike
4. Grab your coffee voucher and head to our take-away counter located inside The Cafe
Not only will carpooling and cycling to The Grounds have a local impact such as reducing the amount of air pollution, but also on a global scale we will be doing our part to reduce carbon (CO2) emissions that is a huge contributing factor to global warming. Every kilometer of car travel that we replace by carpooling and cycling will save up to half a kilogram of greenhouse gases being emitted into the atmosphere.
The Grounds Composter
We also have a composter on site at The Potting Shed, putting our paddock-to-plate-to-paddock philosophy into action. By taking this composter on we are able to compost whatever we don’t eat in The Potting Shed, and use that in our gardens. The Grounds are becoming greener and the composter is just one step in an overall plan to ensure that we try and be as sustainable as possible.